Stained teeth don’t look good. Period.
Originally, teeth are never perfect white.
They are always a little off-white in color
Over a period, as a result of certain eating and drinking habit, teeth acquire stains.
Among many, some of the common habits that stains teeth are:
- Chewing tobacco
- Regular consumption of Coffee, Tea & Sodas
Also, as we age, teeth become yellow, as a result of acquiring pigmentation inside the teeth.
While the factors of teeth acquiring stains and becoming yellow could be many, however, there are many means & ways which could improve the look of your teeth.
A few of the professional approach of Teeth Whitening may even make your teeth look visibly white.
Did you know there are 2 types of Teeth Stains that discolor your teeth?
There are two types of stains that take away the whitening of your teeth.
1) Stains due to Internal factors:
These stains develop inside the tooth enamel.
Some of the causes of these stains are the usage of certain medications.
However, this is not a prevalent one and doesn’t affect teeth whitening as much as the second factor mentioned below.
2) Stains due to External factors:
These stains develop as a result of aging, lifestyle, drinking & eating habit.
Main sources of such stains are beverages such as tea and coffee, development of plaque, smoking or chewing tobacco.
What are the options you have for Teeth Whitening?
In the context of Teeth Whitening, there are 3 options available to you:
1) Over the counter Teeth Whitening products
While these are great and also not as expensive, however, their teeth whitening effects are always limited.
At times, they do get you results, but it is difficult to get visibly white teeth for a longer duration through these products.
Such products include toothpaste, gels, gums & or mouthwashes
2) Do It Yourself Kits
These DIY Kits require a Dentist’s help before they could be used.
A Dentist is the best guide to let you know which kind of DIY Kits your teeth would need.
However, an important aspect of such DIY Kits is that you need to follow the instructions given by the dentist diligently. Otherwise, it may not get you the result you expect.
These kits may be relatively expensive than the OTC products that are available in the market.
2) Professional Cleaning by the Dentist
This option may require you to visit the dental clinic 1-3 times depending on the kind of teeth whitening result & procedure you choose.
Teeth Whitening process by a Dentist is far effective than DIY Kits. And even the results are visible white.
However, this process is usually expensive than the normal DIY Kits.
Word of Caution
Before DIY Kit or any other Teeth Whitening process yourself, you must consult a Dentist.
Only a Dentist could guide you on the type of teeth stain you have and can assist you in deciding which option of teeth whitening treatment would work the best on you.
And in the end, whichever option you choose, you must consider your lifestyle factors that may hinder or interfere with the tooth whitening treatment process that you undergo.
Tips to prevent your Tooth Discoloration
Once you are through with your teeth whitening treatment, there are a few steps you can take to maintain the whiteness of your teeth.
- Quit smoking – Smoking leaves a dark stain on your teeth. If you don’t quit smoking post your treatment, there are high chances that your stains would come back very soon
- Quit chewing tobacco – This has almost similar reasons as that of smoking. You would stain your teeth if you don’t refrain from chewing tobacco
- Change your lifestyle a bit – Avoid food & beverage that causes stains – Coffee, Tea, Colas, etc.
Great doctor. Gentle and extremely professional. Perfect English, which for me was a plus. Would definitely recommend for teeth whitening & denture – Cristian Jensen
How should I schedule my appointment at The Dentist?
To schedule your appointment at The Dentist, you can choose any of the following ways:
- You can schedule your appointment online. Just click here.
- You can also write to the doctor at [email protected]
- You can call The Dentist at 9971711810 or 011-46074994 & get your appointment confirmed
- We prefer a prior appointment before any treatment or consultation. However, if you are in Delhi, you can also walk-in at a convenient time. Monday through Saturday, in between, 10 am till 7 pm.
For directions to The Dentist on Google Map, please click here.
Click here to see what the Patients at The Dentist say.