You don’t have to live with a Missing Tooth all your lifetime. Period.
Nothing can replicate your natural teeth.
But in case of a disease or accident, you may end up losing one or more teeth.
A dental implant is the most effective and the best choice to replace any of your missing teeth.
It is the closest one can get to having healthy and normal looking teeth.
What are Dental Implants?
Dental Implant is an artificial component of a tooth root (similar in shape to a screw) surgically fixed into your bone.
With advanced techniques and instruments, Dental Implants are the best option to replace a missing tooth/teeth and provide a foundation for them.
Dental Implants allow you to live normally, as a person who has lost one’s tooth regains the ability to eat, speak, smile and enjoy all day to day activities without any worries.
Once these dental implants are placed into your jawbone, they bond with the bone and provide a strong foundation for the support of one or more artificial teeth known as Crowns or Cap.
Dental Implants are strongest devices to support replacement teeth. They look, feel, and function exactly like your natural teeth.
If performed by a trained and an experienced Dental Implant specialist (Implantologist), dental implant surgery is the safest and the most predictable procedures nowadays.
Implantologist and Maxillofacial Surgeon at The Dentist
Dr Anurag Singh has been practising Dentistry for the past 20+ years now and has done more than 10,000 surgeries related to Implant and other reconstructive work.
He’s an MDS and a Fellow in International Congress of Oral Implantology.
Dr Anurag is also a visiting Consultant at Max Hospital, Saket and Sir Gangaram Hospital, New Delhi.
His area of specialization includes: 1) Dental & Maxillofacial Implants, 2) Sinus Grafts for Dental Implants, 3) Sinus Lifts for Dental Implants, 4) Advanced Implantology Procedures, 5) Zygomatic Implants for Maxillo-Facial Reconstruction, 6) Surgical Management of Maxillofacial Trauma, 7) Jaw Ablative and Reconstructive Surgery, 8) Temporomandibular Joint Surgery, 9) Orthognathic Surgery Procedures for Combined Orthodontic/Orthognathic approach and 10) Rehabilitation and Reconstruction Procedures of Cancer Patients.
He has also been Guest Speakers in many different conferences related to his field of expertise
Talk to us to know more about your options.
If you are not sure that you are the right candidate for dental implants, then let us help you with right information.
Reach us at 9971711810 or [email protected]
What are the advantages of a Dental Implant?
Dental Implants are the best choice to replace a missing tooth for a healthy adult of any age.
The most important advantages are:
- Dental Implants look, feel and function as good as a natural tooth. You can brush and floss just like you would do for a normal tooth.
- With proper care, dental implants are meant to last for many decades. Unlike dentures and bridges which may need to be replaced after 10-15 yrs, they are a more permanent option and hence a better investment of time and money.
- The Dental Implants lets you live with more confidence and thus you have a better self-esteem. They will not come out while eating, laughing or speaking. You are able to chew your food properly, speak clearly and laugh unapologetically.
- They are the only option, which protects your jaw bone and prevents bone loss. Also, the implants protect your teeth as your natural teeth will not have to be grinded for bridge support, or for the anchorage of removable dentures.
What are the disadvantages of a Dental Implant?
Dental Implants are the closest thing to a natural tooth. They have a 95-98% success rate. However, they may have certain disadvantages:
- The biggest disadvantage of a Dental Implant is that they are expensive. However, they are a better investment of time and money for your missing teeth.
- Dental Implants may fail if they are placed without proper planning. There can be an infection at the implant site if certain factors are not taken into consideration. (Like the patient’s medical history). Dental Implants can fail in case of patients who have uncontrolled diabetes, patients who are chronic smokers or who have the habit of chewing tobacco.
- Dental Implants will fail in patients who do not maintain their oral hygiene.
- Dental Implants take longer than a bridge or a denture to be fully functional. It takes at least 3-6 months to integrate with the bone. So you can expect a complete tooth in place with the crown in 6 months. This may vary from patient to patient depending upon the health of the bone and soft tissues.
The advantages of getting a Dental Implant outweigh the disadvantages to a great extent.
The placement of High-Quality Dental Implants by a qualified and experienced surgeon is important in the success of dental implants.
That’s why at The Dentist we place the worlds best quality Dental Implants which gives you assurance of the results.
The implants placed at our clinic are by the companies who are world leaders and pioneers of the Implant Dentistry. A reason we are able to to give you the most superior quality of implants with predictable results.
Is it painful to get Dental Implants?
Placement of a Dental Implant is like a minor surgery where the implant is fixed into your bone.
The procedure is done under local anaesthesia and mostly the patients do not encounter any pain during the placement. Most patients report having less pain than a tooth extraction.
Majority of the patients can return to their daily activities and by the next day, they are able to return to work.
However, after the placement of a dental implant, the patients may experience some pain and swelling which can be easily taken care with pain medications. There may be some discomfort and bruising but this is temporary only lasts for a short time.
How to take care of my Dental Implants?
The long-term success of your Dental Implant depends a lot on how you take care of your implants. It is ongoing maintenance and is a lot like caring for your natural teeth.
Certain factors to keep in mind are:
- Always follow the instructions given by your surgeon.
- Brush under and around your implant crown with a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Use a non-abrasive toothpaste.
- Keeping your oral hygiene good will help you in taking care of implants. Rinsing after you eat anything is important. Use an antibacterial mouthwash at least once daily.
- Avoid smoking as it interferes with the success of the implant
- Visit your dentist for regular check-ups and follow-ups.
It is important that you follow these instructions. If you have any questions or concerns please do contact us.
How to schedule your appointment at The Dentist?
It is simple. Choose any of the following options:
- You can schedule your appointment online.
- Write to the doctor at [email protected]
- Call The Dentist at 9971711810 get your appointment confirmed.
- A prior appointment is always good. However, if you are in Delhi, you can also walk-in at a convenient time. Monday through Saturday, in between, 10 am till 7 pm.
Directions to The Dentist on Google Map
Read more to see what the Patients at The Dentist say.