Dental Veneers Treatment are an excellent choice and represent the best cosmetic dentistry procedure to improve the aesthetics or correct any imperfections. (colour, shape and size)
What Are Dental Veneers?
Dental Veneers are wafer thin, tooth coloured material attached to the surface of your natural front tooth/teeth.
Dental Veneers are durable and look very natural.
How can dental veneers make you look better?
Dental Veneers Treatment can make you look better and give you a beautiful smile by correcting minor imperfections, like:
- To build up a Cracked or a Chipped Tooth
- To fix your Stained or Discoloured Teeth
- To give proper shape to a Misaligned or Crooked Teeth
- To fill the Gaps in between the Teeth
- To cover the Hypocalcification on Teeth (Enamel formed but not mineralized completely)
- To take care of your Worn-out Teeth, which may be age-related
However, not everyone is a suitable candidate for this procedure and Dental Veneers Treatment may not be the best option in cases like:
- If you have excessive spacing in between your teeth
- Severe fracture of the tooth which may require a crown
- Not enough tooth structure for bonding of the Veneer
- Parafunctional habits like grinding and clenching
- Poor oral hygiene
If you do decide to get the Dental Veneers Treatment done there are a lot of Advantages to it.
- Minimal tooth preparation is required
- Strong and Durable and can last for many years
- Colour stability
Dental Veneers do a fantastic job of hiding or masking any tooth imperfections.
So if you are not satisfied with the appearance of your front teeth, Dental Veneers Treatment are an excellent solution.
If you would like to see whether veneers are best treatment solution for you call us today.
Reach us at 9971711810 or [email protected]
Schedule your appointment and know how Veneers can help you in getting a desired smile.
Types Of Veneers
There are mainly two types of veneers: Composite and Porcelain
Composite Veneers (Direct Veneers)
These Veneers are made in the clinic by the Dentist at the chair side.
They are made of composite resin material and applied directly onto your teeth. The procedure generally takes only one sitting and can be done without any tooth preparation or minimal tooth preparation. This procedure is also referred to as cosmetic bonding.
The latest materials and techniques are used to match the correct tooth shade to give you desirable results.
They are easy to remove or repair and can last upto 5-7yrs.
The biggest disadvantage is that they are weaker than porcelain veneers and can chip easily. They will need to be replaced or repaired frequently.
The are also not stain resistant, discolour and can take up the stains of coffee, tea or wine over a period of time.
If you are a smoker then Composite Veneers are not the best option for you.
2. Porcelain Veneers (Indirect Veneers)
These Veneers are made outside the mouth in the dental laboratory using a strong and a durable material called porcelain.
These veneers after fabrication are bonded on the tooth surfaces, thus creating extremely dramatic transformations.
The procedure requires 2-3 sittings spanning over 7-10 days.
The tooth preparation required is a little more than composite veneers but much less than a crown.
The use of latest materials and CAD-CAM Technology in design and manufacture of these Thin Veneers make them durable and also look very natural.
They are unlikely to fracture and can last upto 10-15 yrs with proper care.
They also do not stain or change colour and will practically look as good as the day they were fitted.
The biggest disadvantage of porcelain veneers is that this is an irreversible process.
If you have parafunctional habits like grinding and clenching or if you have the habit of biting your nails then Veneers are not the best option for you.
How to take care of your Veneers after they are placed?
Dental Veneers Treatment can change the way your teeth look and can make your smile much more attractive.
So if you would want them to last for as long as possible, there are certain things to keep in consideration and precautions that you should take.
- Do not bite anything hard from your front teeth. Use your back teeth for harder foods.
- Do not eat ice or bite your nails, as the veneers may chip or debond.
- Do not use your teeth to open food packets or sachets.
- Avoid smoking if you have composite veneers as they stain easily. Use a straw to drink tea, coffee or red wine.
- If you have a habit of grinding or clenching then ask your dentist for a night guard to protect your veneers.
- If you are an active sports person then wear a mouth guard.
- Get routine check-ups done.
With good care and good oral hygiene your veneers should be able to make you smile the way you did the first day you got them, for as long as possible.
How to schedule your appointment at The Dentist?
It is simple. Choose any of the following options:
- You can schedule your appointment online.
- You can also write to the doctor at [email protected]
- You can call The Dentist at 9971711810 get your appointment confirmed.
- A prior appointment is always good. However, if you are in Delhi, you can also walk-in at a convenient time. Monday through Saturday, in between, 10 am till 7 pm.
Directions to The Dentist on Google Map
Read more to see what the Patients at The Dentist say.