Taking every initiative to ensure a Safe Dental Treatment at The Dentist.
Ensuring every bit to protect our patients from Covid-19.
To ensure a Safe Dental Treatment and to protect you from Covid-19 in every bit, we at The Dentist are taking the following precautionary measures.
BEFORE SCHEDULING AN APPOINTMENT
1. Online Form
We have introduced an online system for preliminary interaction with all our patients.
So, whether you are a new patient to The Dentist, or if you have visited us in the past, in both the cases, we are requesting every patient to follow the online link (sent via WhatsApp/E-mail/SMS) and help us with the preliminary information about the treatment.
2. Self-Declaration on Covid-19
Along with the information on the current dental problem, we are also requesting our patients to self-declare their status on any new medical symptoms, travel history, etc.
This process is helping us assess the medical condition of our patients, which, in turn, is helping us in taking necessary precautions against Covid-19. If we observe any symptoms, we are requesting our patients to quarantine for the next 15-30 days.
Furthermore, we are asking them to schedule their appointments after the completion of their quarantine period.
3. Scheduling only 1-2 patients per day max.
To ensure proper sanitisation of our clinic(before and after every patient), we are scheduling only selective 1-2 patients in a day. This helps us ensure that there is no waiting time for any of our scheduled patients.
4. Avoiding Walk-ins & treating patients only with prior appointment
To make sure that we follow every step of precautions, we are avoiding any walk-in patients. Every treatment is being scheduled as per the prior appointment only.
ON THE DAY OF THE TREATMENT
- At the Entrance of The Dentist – On the day of the treatment, right at the entrance, we are assisting all our patients with hand sanitizers, fresh face masks, disposable PPE gown/suit & shoe covers. We are also guiding our patients with the necessary steps required during the treatment.
- Avoid Bags, Mobile, Wristwatch & other belongings – To ensure we keep the environment Covid-19 safe, we are advising all our patients to keep their belongings at home. We are encouraging everyone to avoid getting such belongings unless it is required. And if it is required, we are advising everyone to keep it in their bag, separate from the operatory.
- Avoid coming with an Attendant, unless required – Unless required, in case of an old age patient or kids, we are advising all our patients to avoid coming along with an attendant. This is helping us keep the place with a minimal number of occupants at the time of the treatment.
- Doctor & Assistants with safe & protective gear – The doctor at The Dentist and the dental assistant are wearing PPE gowns, disposable gowns, N95 masks, surgical masks, face shield / airtight goggles, shoe covers & head caps.
- Autoclaved instruments with 5-tier sterilization – We are ensuring that every instrument is pre-autoclaved. To keep the place safe, apart from following a 5-tier sterilization process, stringent disinfection of the operatory is followed on a daily basis. This ensures the environment is well protected from any kind of infection.
- Patient discharge protocols – Once the dental treatment is through, we are guiding patients with the discharge protocols – disposal of the PPE gown, shoe covers, hand wash with soap, etc.
- Accepting card payments, or online payment gateways preferably – To ensure minimal touch and exchange of currency, preferably we are now encouraging online payments ( G Pay, Paytm, Phone Pe, UPI etc.) or taking card payments. Your card is sanitized before handing it back to you. If you still prefer to make the payment by cash, we are trying to ensure that the exchange of currency is only one way.
- Limited usage of the restroom – We are advising our patients to avoid the usage of the restroom as far as possible. However, if there’s a need to use one, we are ensuring that the restroom is neat & clean before the arrival of the patient.
A SAFE ENVIRONMENT AT THE DENTIST
- Disinfection of the Dental Chair – The dental chair is disinfected after every treatment, i:e – the chair, head support, tray, spittoon, handles, etc. This process is followed every day before and after any treatment.
- Disinfection of Clinic Floors & other surfaces – To ensure that the floors are clean and safe from any kind of infection, we are following a 2 step cleaning procedure. The clinic floors are cleaned with detergent and sodium hypochlorite with a minimum contact time of 10 minutes. The floor is mopped every day in the morning, and also after every patient’s treatment. The other surfaces in the clinic are disinfected with sodium hypochlorite, once every day.
- Proper Air Circulation – After every dental treatment, the clinic doors & windows are wide-opened, exhausts are switched on, and the entire place is left open for a free inflow of fresh air and outflow of the air from the treatment. This process is being followed for a minimum of 1 hour after every treatment.
- Air purifiers with HEPA filters – Before, during and after the treatment, a high capacity air purifier with a strong HEPA filter keeps running continuously in the operatory. This keeps the air purified and free of any possible micro and nano infection. The air purifier’s German multi-layer filter contains layers of HEPA and specially treated activated carbon. The antibacterial pre-filter first catches big particles like human hair and regular house dust. The HEPA filters out ultrafine particles as small as 20 nanometers (fine dust, pollen, allergens, bacteria and viruses) while the activated carbon absorbs harmful gases (formaldehyde, toluene and TVOCs etc).
Should you have any further question, please feel free to connect with me at +91-9971711810
Dr. Srishti, The Dentist